Initial screening of personal injury claims by the attorney considers all the aspects of the incident and the related entities. The claimant and the defendant are the two key persons involved in the incident. Evidences and witnesses are the supporting elements which help the attorney in developing the case in favor of his client. Potential compensation is the core objective of the lawsuit. The claimant is interested in getting the maximum while the defendant is trying to avoid or minimize the payout in all possible ways.
The lawyers at Parker Waichman LLP office have the experience of working with some of the most complex personal injury cases to get fair justice to their clients. They are known to start the case with a neutral point during the initial screening stage. This helps them in getting to the core facts within a short time.
Investigation and Analysis of Personal Injury
If the location of the accident is covered by video surveillance, the task of investigation becomes easier. The footage can provide some of the vital clues about establishing the liability of the defendant. In some cases this may also expose the negligence level of the claimant. In such cases the attorney would be impartial in pointing out these aspects to his client.
The Samples collected at the spot (including blood and tissue) like the broken pieces of vehicle parts, photographs of tire skid marks, physical injury, protective equipment etc are subject to forensic and other types of laboratory analysis.
The attorney may take the permission of the police to get access to the blood sample from the defendant driver to check whether he was driving under influence. In some cases he may get a copy of the report from laboratory test conducted by the police.
Samples and photographs to test the physical condition of the two vehicles are taken. Similar procedure is adopted for testing the road and weather conditions at the location and time of accident. Once the investigation is complete and evidences are collected, the attorney takes them to a laboratory and gets them tested and analyzed.
- Approximate speed of the two colliding vehicles is determined and verified with the speed limit in that zone. Load carried by each vehicle is checked with the maximum allowed limit.
- Functional status tests of the vehicles show their operational condition, maintenance issues, malfunctioning parts like the brakes, gears and the gas pedal are determined.
- The exact position of the vehicles with reference to the specified driving lane is analyzed and recorded. This helps in determining the level of negligence on part of each driver.
- All the other samples are also tested and appropriate evidences are recorded in the document. The analysis reports are also matched with the medical reports of the victim (claimant) and opinions of the claimant lawyer are recorded in the document. Similar document would be prepared by the defendant lawyer also.
- The attorney submits copy of the document to the court of law and presets the original evidence during the stage of trials.